Vancouver Regional Construction Association (VRCA) Awards
Established in 1929, the VRCA represents 700 general contractors, specialty trade contractors, manufacturers, suppliers, and other professionals active in the multi-billion dollar non-residential construction industry in the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley.
Each year, the VRCA recognizes the best companies and projects in the construction industry through its programs.
- VRCA Awards of Excellence: These project-specific awards recognize the construction industry’s finest companies and project from across BC. The judging committee shortlists three Silver Award winners in several categories through interviews and sometimes a site tour. The shortlisted Silver Winners then compete for one Gold Award in each category.
- VRCA Innovation & Productivity Award: The award recognizes a VRCA member that has developed an innovative product or service that is having proven economic, environmental and/or social benefits.
- VRCA Member of the Year Award: The award recognizes outstanding achievement by a company in the construction industry that has prioritized quality, safety, and team collaboration in job performance and displays pride in their work.
- VRCA Safety Award: The award honors contractors who have maintained a superior safety record during the year. Houle submits the nomination under the Trade Contractor with 200,000 or more personhours category.
Houle submits projects in the Electrical Contractor categories for projects up to and over $2 million.
VRCA Gold Award of Excellence
• 2017 – North Island Hospital Project – Comox Valley, Comox, BC
• 2017 – Prince Rupert Airport Terminal Upgrade, Prince Rupert, BC
• 2016 – Northern Rockies Regional Recreation Centre, Prince George, BC
• 2014 – Surrey Memorial Hospital Critical Care Tower, Surrey, BC
• 2013 – Canadian Forces Base Fire Hall, Esquimalt, BC
• 2012 – Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops BC
• 2011 – BC Hydro Operations Facility, Port Alberni, BC
• 2010 – Victoria General Hospital, Fire Alarm Upgrade, Victoria, BC
• 2008 – Abbotsford Regional Hospital & Cancer Centre, Abbotsford, BC
• 2008 – Nanaimo Regional Hospital and Perinatal Centre, Nanaimo, BC
• 2007 – UBC Dentistry Building, Vancouver, BC
• 2002 – Royal Jubilee Hospital, Victoria, BC
VRCA Innovation Award of Excellence
• Recipient in 2016 for the Connected Snow Removal Camera Solutions
• Recipient in 2013 for the High Purity Water Purification Turnkey Treatment Skid Design
• Recipient in 2011 for the Knight Street Bridge Mobile Platform for Lighting Upgrade Proprietary Design and Implementation
VRCA Member of the Year Award
• Recipient in 2014
VRCA Silver Award of Excellence
• 2018 – Emily Carr University of Art + Design, Vancouver, BC
• 2018 – Fairview Container Terminal – Phase II North Expansion, Prince Rupert, BC
• 2018 – Parq -Vancouver Urban Resort & Casino, Vancouver, BC
• 2018 – Victoria International Airport – HBS Recapitalization Project, Victoria, BC
• 2017 – BC Hydro Nanaimo District Office, Nanaimo, BC
• 2017 – Joseph & Rosalie Segal Family Health Centre, Vancouver, BC
• 2017 – TFN – Tsawwassen Mills Mall, Tsawwassen, BC
• 2015 – Wood Innovation and Design Centre, Prince George, BC
• 2014 – Cargill Dust Mitigation Program, North Vancouver, BC
• 2013 – Saanich Peninsula Hospital – Electrical Upgrade – Saanichton, BC
• 2012 – 4000 Seymour Place, UPS Upgrade, Victoria, BC
• 2011 – Canada Place Roof Rehabilitation, Vancouver, BC
• 2009 – Dockside Green Residential Complex, Victoria, BC
• 2007 – Women’s & Children’s Hospital – New Data Centre, Vancouver, BC
• 2007 – Centerm Berth Expansion, Vancouver, BC
• 2005 – UBC Life Sciences Building, Vancouver, BC
• 2002 – Lions Gate Bridge Upgrade, Vancouver, BC
VRCA Safety Award of Excellence
• Consecutive recipient since 2013
• Recipient from 2000 to 2009
SP&T Security Integrator of the Year
The annual Integrator of the Year award, sponsored by Anixter Canada, recognizes security system integrators that have demonstrated dedication, professionalism, innovation and customer service. Nominations for security integration projects big and small are considered for the award, provided they are conducted in Canada for a Canadian customer in the last 12 months.
• 2017 – North Island Hospitals Project
• 2016 – Port of Vancouver Southshore Corridor Project
Best Managed Companies of Canada
Canada’s Best Managed Companies is Canada’s leading business awards program recognizing excellence in Canadian owned and managed companies with revenues over $15 million. Recipients are awarded the prestigious award based on factors including overall business performance and sustained growth, efforts of the entire organization, and financial performance.
• Consecutive recipient since 2012. Currently at Platinum status.
Consumer Choice Award
The Consumer Choice Award recognizes business excellence. The award recipients are not selected by a panel of judges, but chosen by consumers.
• Consecutive recipient since 2000