As Canada’s busiest coal export terminal, Westshore Terminals handles more than 33 million tonnes of coal per year. Located in Roberts Bank in Delta, BC, the terminal has been in operation since 1970. Houle completed various projects for Westshore Terminal over the years varying from electrical to data networks to security. The scope of these projects includes, but is not limited to:
- Repairing/Installing new distribution, new cable trays, high voltage cables, PLC, instrumentation, controls, and fibre optics
- Installing new motor reactors
- Wiring new pump containers for new distribution
- Installing new security camera system
- Wiring and connecting new street lighting / area lighting
- Installing new heat tracers on water main piping
- Demolishing existing singer rail car dumper and replacing with new tandem dumper
There have been many tight deadlines imposed to complete complex installations in extreme working conditions. Houle worked closely with the plant to minimize disruptions while completing work on-site.
Houle successfully completed each project on schedule and with no lost time incidents, all while ensuring that plant operations were not disrupted. Houle worked very well with the plant employees, ensuring they are satisfied with the final product.