VRCA Gold Award of Excellence – Electrical Contractor
The VRCA, established in 1929, then known as the Building and Construction Industries Exchange of BC, represents 700 general contractors, speciality trade contractors, manufacturers, suppliers, and other professionals active in the multi-billion dollar non-residential construction industry in the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley. Each year, the VRCA recognizes the best companies and projects in the construction industry through its program, the VRCA Awards of Excellence. The program shortlists three Silver Award winners in several categories after a judging committee, through interviews and sometimes a site tour, carefully examines select projects submitted by contractors. The shortlisted Silver Winners then compete for one Gold Award in each category.
As an electrical contractor, Houle submits projects in the Electrical Contractor categories for projects up to and over $2 million. The lists below provide the project awards achieved by Houle from the VRCA.
• 2016 – Northern Rockies Regional Recreation Centre, Prince George, BC
• 2014 – Surrey Memorial Hospital Critical Care Tower, Surrey, BC
• 2013 – Canadian Forces Base Fire Hall, Esquimalt, BC
• 2012 – Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops BC
• 2011 – BC Hydro Operations Facility, Port Alberni, BC
• 2010 – Victoria General Hospital, Fire Alarm Upgrade, Victoria, BC
• 2008 – Abbotsford Regional Hospital & Cancer Centre, Abbotsford, BC (over $2M)
• 2008 – Nanaimo Regional Hospital and Perinatal Centre, Nanaimo, BC (up to $2M)
• 2007 – UBC Dentistry Building, Vancouver, BC
• 2002 – Royal Jubilee Hospital, Victoria, BC